Our investment process
Our goal is to meet your personal investment needs and achieve the best possible returns for your chosen level of risk.
Based on a global asset allocation framework, our rigorous, robust and highly analytical investment process includes in-depth research, continuous monitoring and the interaction of a number of investment committees.
Like a combination lock, each layer of our investment process must be aligned before your Wealth Manager can start to create a risk-adjusted portfolio, flexibly tailored to your individual needs.
Why trust our Canaccord Genuity Wealth Management investment process?
- We can offer you a range of different investments, including securities, equities, funds, exchange-traded funds (ETFs), investment trusts, venture capital trusts (VCTs), enterprise investment schemes (EISs), alternatives, bonds and cash
- We can structure your investments tax effectively, including SIPPs and ISAs
- Our in-house investment experts select investments from the open market to create a range of quality investment opportunities for you
- Our specialist investment committees combine their knowledge to agree the best positioning for your portfolio
- We measure risk through our in-house portfolio risk management calculator, and build portfolios from our approved lists
- We check your portfolio against your objectives to make sure it's on track, and actively manage and monitor your investments to maximise returns and minimise losses.
Keeping you informed
Market volatility returned in February after a long lull since President Trump’s election. There was a double-digit stock market fall worldwide as inflation and rising interest rate fears came to the fore.Read more
In our recent articles we have flagged a potential increase in volatility this year as the inevitable ‘price to be paid’ for continued growth in equity markets. It was a matter of when not if. The question is whether the current correction is the beginning of something more sinister - leading to a bear market - or simply reminiscent of 2013’s ‘taper tantrum’.Read more
As equity indices rose during most of 2017, it was clear where market leadership lay. The technology giants like Amazon (up 57% over the year), Apple (up 48%), Facebook (up 53%) and Google/ Alphabet (up 33%) soared, along with their Chinese counterparts Baidu, Tencent and Alibaba (up 42%, 96% and 115% respectively). In this article, we explain why the so-called ’growth’ areas of the market have performed so well.Read more
How can we help?
If you would like to know how we can help with your investment and wealth management needs, get in touch. We will be delighted to provide more details of our services.
IMPORTANT: Investment involves risk. The value of investments and the income from them can go down as well as up and you may not get back the amount originally invested. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance.