Please note: this content is only applicable to a UK mainland audience.
IHT Portfolio Service for intermediaries
One of the most important aspects of estate planning is to make sure your clients' family, friends and favourite causes inherit as much of their wealth as possible.
Our IHT portfolio is a simple and efficient strategy for reducing IHT while offering growth potential to boost potential legacies.
It invests in a diversified portfolio of established, profitable companies selected from the Alternative Investment Market (AIM). Under current rules, shares in some companies that trade on AIM are treated as 'business property' and eligible for Business Relief (BR), formerly Business Property Relief. Once a client has held shares in one of these companies for two years, the shares are no longer counted as part of their estate for IHT purposes. This compares favourably with the seven-year rule that applies to gifts. The client maintains full control and can access their funds at any time should their circumstances change.
This is an actively managed portfolio service, so if we decide any of the underlying investments are no longer suitable, or if they stop being eligible for BR, we can sell them and reinvest in another qualifying company without having to restart the two-year period.
How can we help?
If you would like to find out how we can help your clients reduce liability for inheritance tax, get in touch. We will be delighted to give you more details.
Why recommend our IHT Portfolio Service to your clients?
- Our team has established a strong track record for delivering superior investment returns
- We actively manage the portfolio to ensure the investments we've chosen are always suitable and working hard for your clients
- Investing in AIM lets your clients take advantage of a dynamic market of growing businesses
- They can include their IHT portfolios in their annual ISA allowances
- We'll keep you and your clients regularly updated with contract notes and quarterly formal valuations.
Why not watch our video with Paul Parker, Investment Director who has been managing IHT portfolios since 2006.
Download our IHT services brochure
- Find out more about IHT
- How our service can help reduce IHT
- How we use the Alternative Investment Market (AIM).
How can we help?
If you'd like to find out how we can help your clients reduce liability for inheritance tax, get in touch. We'll be delighted to give you more details.
IMPORTANT: Investment involves risk. The value of investments and the income from them can go down as well as up and you may not get back the amount originally invested. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance.