The Hidden Joule | A Conversation with Dr. Tim Lindsey
Episode 6: A conversation with Dr. Tim Lindsey
In episode 6, we welcome Dr. Tim Lindsey to the show, a leading sustainability expert who helps businesses develop lasting and impactful ESG solutions.
- Sustainability as effective mechanist to improve (and innovate) products and internal operations. Additional tops of discussion include:
- Challenges and opportunities for companies to navigate Sustainability/ESG expectations from different agencies (NGOs, media, ESG scoring agencies, investors, stakeholders).
- Importance of guiding principles within Sustainability/ESG framework that are specific, relevant and actionable.
- Role of culture, decision-making and risk tolerance in pursuing sustainable operations.
- Sustainability as system-based approach (grounded in science and facts) that enables conversion of waste and inefficiencies into value streams.
- Interconnectedness of multiple systems from agriculture and food production, to power generation, water consumption and transportation. Opportunities to unlock value through biophysical ecosystem view.
- Realistic assessment of advantages and shortcomings of fossil fuels as well as renewables and their (combined) role in decarbonization goals.
About the Hidden Joule Podcast
The Hidden Joule Podcast is our return to science and conversation. Our goal is to leverage our extensive network of thought leaders, investors and companies to facilitate conversation around prickly topics such as Climate Change, Human Evolution and Behavior, System Complexity, Technological Progress, Allocation of Resources, Scale and Growth. With the responsibility of the Sustainability/ESG practice at Canaccord Genuity, we feel a moral obligation to address these key issues as we begin to shift from shareholder returns to broader stakeholder returns. We believe that in order for the ESG investment framework to be successful, a high level of scientific rigor and discussion must be applied and utilized. We believe that the availability of different resources (including financial) shape the future of companies and economies. Further, investment criteria and decision-making processes for ESG will be a critical component influencing corporate behavior and governing policies in our shared future society.
Find this information useful? Share it with others...
How can we help?
If you would like to find out more about Canaccord Genuity or any of our services, please get in touch.