We believe that one of the key strengths of Canaccord Genuity is our culture of teamwork, collaboration and excellence. We are driven by our clients’ success and are committed to helping them achieve their financial goals, and ultimately, live their most fulfilling lives. When our clients succeed, we succeed.
An opportunity at Canaccord Genuity offers performance-driven individuals a home to build their careers. Our employees experience the best of both worlds: access to global resources and capabilities, and the responsiveness and agility of an independently-owned firm.
Our culture is driven by our values. We invite you to learn more by discovering our opportunities below or by contacting us today.
Associate, Research – Capital Goods
Associate, Research – Capital Goods, Research - Montreal – Job # 6030
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the "Company") is a leading independent, full service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, UK & Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for a Research Associate to join its Montreal team.
- Provide research support to the Research Analyst;
- Develop and maintain complex financial models;
- Conduct company, industry and macro-economic research;
- Generate and maintain research reports, presentations and databases;
- Assist in the writing of research reports;
- Assist with coordinating quarterly reporting initiatives;
- Support and answer institutional client queries.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Undergraduate business degree required; MBA or other finance-related graduate degree desirable;
- CFA or CA designation a definite asset;
- Good understanding of financial statements and their interaction together;
- Direct experience with, and a solid understanding of, financial modeling and valuation analysis;
- Previous experience in the engineering/industrial sector an asset;
- Expert MS Office skills (Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint);
- Bloomberg / FactSet experience an asset;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while maintaining very strong attention to detail;
- Willingness and flexibility to work long hours under deadline pressure and to show initiative.
Canaccord Genuity Corp. welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
In order to be considered for employment at Canaccord Genuity, candidates selected for interviews will be required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you for your understanding.
Department: Capital Markets
Company: Internal Postings