We believe that one of the key strengths of Canaccord Genuity is our culture of teamwork, collaboration and excellence. We are driven by our clients’ success and are committed to helping them achieve their financial goals, and ultimately, live their most fulfilling lives. When our clients succeed, we succeed.
An opportunity at Canaccord Genuity offers performance-driven individuals a home to build their careers. Our employees experience the best of both worlds: access to global resources and capabilities, and the responsiveness and agility of an independently-owned firm.
Our culture is driven by our values. We invite you to learn more by discovering our opportunities below or by contacting us today.
SALES ASSISTANT, Trading floor
Over the course of the typical 2-3 year sales assistant role, you will be given the opportunity to immerse yourself in the world of institutional equity finance. Specifically, you will be given the chance to learn the exciting stories of the companies we cover across a large set of sectors. This job is a perfect fit for a candidate who is looking to have a dynamic career in finance. Every day you get to learn something completely new which should keep the individual challenged but able to meet their personal/professional goals. Being able to function as a team player is critical as you are often called upon to help others in their work. A sales/trading floor is certainly an exciting environment and being able to multi-task, and focus on your work, is crucial. This is a position where if you have a good work ethic, are driven/conscientious and have a sense of urgency, you can be successful. Part of the position that is less exciting/glamorous but what every salesperson has had to do in their careers is briefly highlighted below as well:
Sales Assistant Non-registered responsibilities (~25% of day):
- Phones: Ability to answer calls enthusiastically and professionally, and enunciate/relay messages accurately, for all sales/traders as needed. Also, need to be able to make outgoing/proactive calls as well.
- Advanced Excel skills imperative given there’s numerous project-based work and compilation of client names, emails, numbers, etc.
- Series 7 & 63 exams: Willingness to get registered and having the aptitude to learn and understand the fundamentals of this industry in order to pass these exams. A candidate should be self-motivated enough to study and pass these exams within a reasonable amount of time.
- Compile the AM Note Recap: Working with the other juniors in the morning, and eventually solo, to recap the overnight research into an email that is sent by salespeople every morning
- Research recaps: Helping senior sales people efficiently summarize our research notes
- Conference scheduling: Help market our conferences to clients, and compile/update conference information (participating companies, events, etc., that change frequently), as well as helping the senior salesperson keep track of client one on one requests and schedules. Also involves being able to help our marketing team during conferences and interacting with our clients at the events during registration.
- Non-Deal/Deal roadshows: Print marketing decks and help set up schedules for when we host management meetings. Ability to escort management teams between their meetings occasionally.
- Model requests: Responding to model requests from our clients by getting the model from our research library and then keeping a record of it in our CRM systems
- Updated client holdings: Keep monthly/quarterly interest lists sent by clients up to date in our CRM system
- CRM systems: Helping to ensure the senior salesperson logs their client interactions in our CRM systems (calls, emails, models, events)
- Access tracking/vote logging systems: Diligently recording all interactions the firm has with clients who keep their own records as directed by the senior salesperson. Learning how to use the systems and being proactive to ensure all interactions are logged is extremely important.
- Expense reports: Scanning T&E receipts into our expense tracking system for the senior salespeople
Location: New York
Start Date: 2020-01-01
Company: Internal Postings