Make the most of our small company investment expertise
Small businesses can offer excellent investment opportunities. However, they're often ignored by investment and wealth management companies, who may lack the expertise and experience to evaluate small businesses, spot opportunities and invest on your behalf.
At Canaccord Genuity Wealth Management (CGWM), we do have that expertise. In fact, we are among the most experienced independent UK wealth managers in this area. And we believe smaller companies can be a very important part of a truly diversified and well balanced portfolio – whether you’re investing directly in the shares of smaller companies or via a specialist fund.
We will draw on this expertise to help you benefit from the superior returns that can be available from small companies, and include this niche area within your portfolio if we believe it's appropriate.
How we can help you invest in smaller companies
- Our specialist small cap team has a wealth of experience and a great track record. They continually research and analyse small companies and equity fund managers, and their findings are backed by our rigorous, robust central investment office (CIO) team, which includes a dedicated smaller company investment committee.
- We understand the risks involved in investing in small companies, and will monitor and adjust your portfolio if necessary. Our Investment Managers won't rush to invest all your money at once; instead they'll invest your money as and when they spot attractive opportunities.
- Our Investment Managers regularly meet the management of small companies, equity fund managers and investment banks – and have done so for many years. Thanks to this personal contact, we've developed a breadth of relationships within the industry in an under-researched area; these can allow us to access opportunities that are not available to you as an individual.
- It also means we're often among the first to learn of new developments or to be offered shares in companies coming to the market and can react quickly on your behalf.
Download our small cap brochure
- Find out how small businesses offer excellent investment opportunity
- How it can help you to plan your future
- Read more about our specialist services.
Investment in smaller companies, including AIM stocks, carry a higher degree of risk than investing in more liquid shares of larger companies, so they may be difficult to sell at the time you choose. Investments in smaller companies are more volatile and, while they can offer great potential, growth is no guaranteed. Please refer to page 9 of our small cap brochure for more information.
How can we help?
If you would like to know how we can help with your investment, wealth management or financial planning needs, get in touch. We will be delighted to provide more details of our services.
Keeping you informed
We ended 2018 in a funk. Investors were beginning to panic that the global economy was entering a period of sharp downturn, the US yield curve was close to inverting, the Chinese economy seemed to be in trouble, Europe was back in the doldrums and President Trump had engaged in a trade war with China and, at the same time, shut down a big chunk of the US government.Read more
‘Diversity’ and ‘inclusion’ are no longer just buzzwords. In this article, Patrick Thomas, Head of ESG Investments explains why both can improve company culture, performance and even national GDP, and how we at CGWM assess D&I factors when investing on behalf of clients.Read more
April: the first full month of spring, and a great time for financial planning tips. With January’s resolutions now a distant memory, this is an ideal time to spring clean your finances, make use of new tax allowances and start the new financial year on the right foot.Read more
IMPORTANT: Investment involves risk. The value of investments and the income from them can go down as well as up and you may not get back the amount originally invested. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance.