Services for US citizens in the UK
Navigating the complexities of cross-border investing needs diligent planning. To start with, the rules around Passive Foreign Investment Companies (PFICs) are raising high hurdles for Americans in the UK who want to invest wisely and efficiently. On top of that, the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) has made managing your investments even more complex.
At Canaccord Genuity Wealth Management, we provide a comprehensive investment management service specifically designed for US citizens resident in the UK. We deal in US equity and fixed income markets, and have extensive research teams in North America and London.
Our services include:
- Specialist investment management designed around your needs
- Discretionary or advisory portfolio management
- Custody in the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, Isle of Man or New York
- US tax year accounting in dollars
- US-compliant individual retirement accounts (IRAs)
- Tax reporting documents required by the IRS.
As we don't offer tax advice, we will work closely with your tax, accountancy or legal advisers, to make sure the decisions we make on your behalf dovetail with the arrangements they've set up for you.
Some of these services are provided by Pershing Securities LLC New York.
Why choose our services for US citizens?
- You will benefit from our in-depth investment expertise
- Our specialist team has over 50 years' combined experience of managing assets for US expats
- We offer a choice of discretionary or advisory investment management in both US dollars and sterling, to ensure your investments work efficiently from both a UK and US tax perspective.
Watch our specialist Investment Manager, Roy Clouse talking about helping Americans living in the UK to invest wisely and efficiently.
How can we help?
If you would like to know more about our services for US citizens resident in the UK, or want to speak to one of our team, get in touch. We will be delighted to give you more details.
Keeping you informed
This week Tony Dwyer, Chief US Market Strategist at Canaccord Genuity and ‘Wall Street’s biggest bull’, came over from his office in New York and presented to our clients.Read more
One of the fascinating aspects of the current financial markets is that investors can find a plethora of information to support either a positive or negative view of the world, depending on their disposition.Read more
As US midterm election frenzy begins with by-elections and polls sparking much conjecture over how Trump’s presidency will be impacted this November, we go back in time to see what can be learnt from previous midterms and the potential impact on markets.Read more
Should you stay invested and ignore all the noise?
With the upcoming US midterms, we invite you to our London event to hear from Tony Dwyer on what will really drive markets over the coming months.
IMPORTANT: Investment involves risk. The value of investments and the income from them can go down as well as up and you may not get back the amount originally invested. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance.