Services for independent financial advisers
We will tailor our partnership to meet your needs and preferences as well as your clients', and your lead manager will build an enduring relationship that works for you and your firm.
You can choose how we work together:
- You may wish to retain the responsibility for assessing the risk and suitability of your clients' investments
- If you prefer, we can take over all these responsibilities for you
- Or we can agree a joint 'hybrid' working relationship.
Whichever working relationship you choose, we will make sure it enables both of us to use our time and resources efficiently, and ensures compliance.
How we help IFAs
- We will provide consolidated quarterly client valuations, with a market commentary
- We will also provide you and your client with comprehensive tax reporting
- You and your clients can access their accounts online 24/7 to view investments, transactions and up-to-date valuations
- Our highly analytical investment process includes in-depth research and continuous monitoring
- We will communicate with you regularly in whichever way suits you
- Your clients' wealth is in safe hands – we have a strong track record of meeting our clients' wealth management needs and delivering consistent returns
- If you want to check how we're succeeding at any time, you can clearly assess our performance with ARC, Defaqto, Distribution Technology and FE.
Managed portfolio service
Our managed portfolio service offers a range of risk-rated discretionary portfolios for intermediaries with clients who don't need a tailored portfolio.
With this service our investment professionals build and run a personalised portfolio on your clients' behalf, without needing to ask their permission each time they want to make an adjustment.
IHT portfolio service
Our IHT portfolio is a simple and efficient strategy for reducing IHT while offering growth potential to boost potential legacies.
As well as access to a wide range of external third-party funds, we manage a range of our own in-house funds
If a client likes to take an active interest in financial markets and wants to buy and sell investments, our trading and dealing team can offer traditional and specialist stockbroking services.
An interview with Sean Taylor
IFA Magazine talks to Sean Taylor, of Canaccord Genuity Wealth Management, about the business and how its collaborativeapproach to working with advisers is driving success.Read more
Our range of risk-rated model portfolios are also available via a wrap on a variety of platforms.
A wrap is a secure internet-based account that lets you and your clients view the current performance of their investments at any time. It is called a wrap because client investments can be wrapped up in a single account.
The aim of a wrap is to allow advisers to select and purchase investments from a wide range of solutions. These investments may sit within wrappers that enjoy certain tax advantages and typically include ISAs, SIPPs, Personal Pensions and Investment Bonds.
Please be aware that all platforms operate in a different way which will affect the nature of your relationship with Canaccord Genuity Wealth Management. You should ensure that you clearly understand the nature of a platform's service prior to engagement.
For further details, please click on the logos below:
How can we help?
If you would like to know how we can help with your clients' investment needs, our intermediary team will be delighted to answer your questions and provide more details of our services.
Keeping you informed
Recently, we undertook research to test our hypothesis that women don’t invest in the markets (stocks, shares and bonds etc.) as much as men. With more than a third of high net worth women (35%) saying they don’t have an investment portfolio, compared to 17% of high net worth men, our belief was confirmed.
The annual allowance is the amount you can contribute to your pension tax free. For most people, this limit has been £40,000 since April 2014. However, if you are a high earner (i.e. total income above £150,000 in a year), a new tapering rule came into effect in 2016.Read more
IMPORTANT: Investment involves risk. The value of investments and the income from them can go down as well as up and you may not get back the amount originally invested. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance.