ESG portfolio management - enabling you to make a difference
- Signatory to the UN-supported Principles for Responsible Investment
- Consistent, risk-adjusted returns by investing in growing themes that intersect with global sustainability challenges
- Ring-fenced investment portfolio aligned to your personal values
- Access to global investment ideas and research
- Dedicated investment managers you can speak to
- Supported and protected by our robust and disciplined investment process
Canaccord Genuity Wealth Management was one of the first top 10 independent UK wealth managers to offer an ESG Portfolio Management Service that allows you to align your investments more closely with your own values. You will be investing not only for your own future, but for the future of the environment and society.
How our ESG Portfolio Management Service works for you
All of our ESG (environmental, social and governance) portfolios allow you to take a responsible approach to investing without sacrificing performance. They allow you to invest in funds that work towards making the world a better place, while also doing your best for your long-term financial security. To find out more about our ESG investment strategy, click here.
You simply choose the ESG portfolio you would like to invest in and we manage it on your behalf, so you don’t have to. Your Investment Manager will help you choose which of our three portfolios best meets your objectives and attitude to investment risk:
- Cautious Balanced ESG portfolio aims for a balance between capital appreciation and reduced volatility
- Balanced ESG portfolio aims to produce a balance between capital appreciation and income
- Growth ESG portfolio aims to provide capital appreciation.
All our portfolios are designed to work over a typical investment cycle of 7-10 years, so we recommend you stay invested for at least seven years.
Whichever portfolio you choose your investments will benefit from the best of our thinking and long-term investment management experience. We will monitor and manage your portfolio to ensure your investment risk is kept at a level that suits you through true diversification.
How we select funds for your ESG portfolio
- We undertake extensive investigations and research to find the investment funds that best match your preferred balance between risk and returns
- At the same time, we seek out those funds that have a proven track record of outperforming their competitors
- We then pass this long list through the following filters to find the funds that meet your ethical criteria. These funds form the basis of your portfolio.
All the funds in our portfolio exclude companies that engage in controversial business activities, as confirmed by Morningstar Sustainalytics.
We choose funds that invest in companies which have a demonstrable positive impact on the world, as well as offering a financial return.
We choose funds with investment strategies that aim to support the 17 United Nations (UN) Sustainable Development Goals.
Why invest in ESG funds?
Investment involves risk. The value of investments and the income from them can go down as well as up and investors may not get back the amount originally invested. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance.
Our portfolios are designed to work over a typical investment cycle of 7-10 years, so we recommend you stay invested for at least seven years.
The information provided is not to be treated as specific advice. It has no regard for the specific investment objectives, financial situation or needs of any specific person or entity.
Read more of our ESG content
We were delighted to win the Clearstream Award for Best Approach to ESG (environment, social and governance) Investment at the recent City of London Wealth Management Awards. But what exactly is CGWM’s approach to ESG investing?Read more
The war in Ukraine has upended markets, sent commodity and oil prices spiralling and left ESG (environmental, social and governance) investors reassessing their ethics.Read more
Watch the latest market update from our experts, including our Chief Investment Officer, Michel Perera.Read more
Meet our ESG investment experts
If you would like to know more about our ESG Portfolio Management Service, please get in touch. We will be delighted to give you more details.
Investment involves risk and you may not get back what you invest. It’s not suitable for everyone.
Investment involves risk and is not suitable for everyone.