Investment management for US citizens living in the UK
- Stress-free investing for US expats living in the UK
- Dedicated US Investor Services team to look after you and your wealth
- Over 60 years combined experience in US expat investing
- Specialists in the UK and North America
- 24/7 account access via our CG Wealth Online service
- Quarterly reports and valuations
Arrange a complimentary consultation with our US expat specialist investment management team
Investment involves risk. The value of investments and the income from them can go down as well as up and investors may not get back the amount originally invested. The investments described in this brochure may not be suitable for all investors. Investors should make their own investment decisions based upon their own financial objectives and financial resources and, if in any doubt, should seek advice from an investment adviser.
There are many potential pitfalls for a US expat investing in the UK but it’s important you stay on track with your investments to meet your long-term financial goals, and our specialist investment management team is ready to help you do so.
Navigating the complexities of cross-border investing, as well as the rules around Passive Foreign Investment Companies (PFICs) and the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) makes investing for US expats even more challenging. So much so that it has led to many foreign financial institutions turning away US citizens.
Canaccord Genuity Wealth Management is an exception. We have been acting for US expats for many years. We understand the specific challenges you face and have the knowledge, experience and capability to make the right investment decisions on your behalf, while also take responsibility for ensuring your investments are compliant across borders.
Dedicated US expat investment service
Our dedicated US Investor team provides a comprehensive investment management service exclusively for US citizens resident in the UK, including:
- Specialist investment management tailored to your dual UK and US needs
- Discretionary or advisory portfolio management in both US dollars and sterling
- Dealing in US equity and fixed income markets as well as most global markets
- Custody in the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, Isle of Man or New York
- US tax year accounting in dollars
- US-compliant individual retirement accounts (IRAs)
- Provision for reporting income and trading activity for both US and UK tax years.
Some of these services are provided by Pershing Securities LLC New York.
We take into consideration your:
- US interests and worldwide assets, including your pension arrangements
- Currency requirements and whether you want to hold investments in sterling, dollars, euros, other currencies, or a mix of several
- Requirements for direct exposure to US markets, via municipal bonds or US equities
- Your accounting needs.
As we do not offer tax advice, we will work closely with your tax, accountancy, or legal advisers to ensure your investments are compliant across jurisdictions and structured to enable the best possible outcomes for you.
Any tax benefits depend upon the investor’s individual circumstances and clients should discuss their financial arrangements with their own tax adviser before investing. The levels and basis of taxation may be subject to change in the future.
Why choose our specialist US Investor service?
- Extensive experience - we have over 60 years' combined experience managing assets for US expats and 20 years’ working for major Wall Street brokerage firms.
- Single point of contact in the same time zone - our London-based team will look after your investments and be your main point of contact
- Transatlantic know-how – we have local expertise and knowledge on tap through our 8 offices in the US
- Holistic approach - we can ensure your investments work tax-efficiently from both a UK and US perspective
- High calibre research - we have extensive research teams operating in North America and the UK
Watch our specialist Investment Manager, Roy Clouse talking about helping Americans living in the UK to invest wisely and efficiently.
How can we help?
If you would like to know more about our services for US citizens resident in the UK, or want to speak to one of our team, get in touch. We will be delighted to give you more details.
Keeping you informed
In this article we look at why investing in global equities could help beat inflation and why we believe it will be a key theme for investors in 2022. Read on to find out more.Read more
With global resources dwindling and population growing, we look at why investing in a sustainable food system is a key investment theme for investors in 2022.Read more
Demand for more sustainable transport solution, leads us to believe investing in electric vehicles will be a significant investment theme for 2022. Find out more.Read more
Investment involves risk and you may not get back what you invest. It’s not suitable for everyone.
Investment involves risk and is not suitable for everyone.