Services for US citizens in the UK
Navigating the complexities of cross-border investing needs diligent planning. To start with, the rules around Passive Foreign Investment Companies (PFICs) are raising high hurdles for Americans in the UK who want to invest wisely and efficiently. On top of that, the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) has made managing your investments even more complex.
At Canaccord Genuity Wealth Management, we provide a comprehensive investment management service specifically designed for US citizens resident in the UK. We deal in US equity and fixed income markets, and have extensive research teams in North America and London.
Our services include:
- Specialist investment management designed around your needs
- Discretionary or advisory portfolio management
- Custody in the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, Isle of Man or New York
- US tax year accounting in dollars
- US-compliant individual retirement accounts (IRAs)
- Tax reporting documents required by the IRS.
As we don't offer tax advice, we will work closely with your tax, accountancy or legal advisers, to make sure the decisions we make on your behalf dovetail with the arrangements they've set up for you.
Some of these services are provided by Pershing Securities LLC New York.
Why choose our services for US citizens?
- You will benefit from our in-depth investment expertise
- Our specialist team has over 50 years' combined experience of managing assets for US expats
- We offer a choice of discretionary or advisory investment management in both US dollars and sterling, to ensure your investments work efficiently from both a UK and US tax perspective.
Watch our specialist Investment Manager, Roy Clouse talking about helping Americans living in the UK to invest wisely and efficiently.
How can we help?
If you would like to know more about our services for US citizens resident in the UK, or want to speak to one of our team, get in touch. We will be delighted to give you more details.
Keeping you informed
As wealth managers, we think about the future – whether it’s helping our clients to plan for old age or investing in companies that will still be profitable in 30 years’ time.Read more
The annual allowance is the amount you can contribute to your pension tax free. For most people, this limit has been £40,000 since April 2014. However, if you are a high earner (i.e. total income above £150,000 in a year), a new tapering rule came into effect in 2016.Read more
IMPORTANT: Investment involves risk. The value of investments and the income from them can go down as well as up and you may not get back the amount originally invested. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance.