Webinar: how could banking sector concerns and UK pension changes affect you?
“Volatility is breeding opportunity”
The recent collapse of several banks, and upcoming changes to UK pension regulations are among the burning issues on many of our minds currently.
In our latest market update webinar, recorded on 30 March, experts from both our Chief Investment Office (Michel Perera, Thomas Becket and Richard Champion) and our Wealth Planning team (Matthew Phillips) came together to discuss their thoughts on the rapidly changing global economy – and the potential impact on you as an investor.
- How the forthcoming changes to UK pension rules (such as the planned abolition of the lifetime allowance) could impact you – and why it’s important to speak to a Financial Planner before you take any action
- Why current market turbulence can create investment opportunities
- Our thinking on concerns over the banking sector, and why a repeat of the 2007-2008 financial crisis looks extremely unlikely
- The outlook for inflation in the US and the UK
- How raised interest rates highlight the difference between good quality and mediocre companies
- Why fixed interest investing may now offer better returns for many investors, after years of low and even negative yields.
You may also be interested in:
- Budget 2023: balancing caution with surprise
- Webinar: why now could be a great time to invest in fixed income
- Investment outlook 2023
Need more help?
Whatever your needs, we can help by putting you in contact with the best expert to suit you.
Investment involves risk. The value of investments and the income from them can go down as well as up and you may not get back the amount originally invested. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance.
The information provided is not to be treated as specific advice. It has no regard for the specific investment objectives, financial situation or needs of any specific person or entity.
This is not a recommendation to invest or disinvest in any of the companies, themes or sectors mentioned. They are included for illustrative purposes only.
The information contained herein is based on materials and sources deemed to be reliable; however, Canaccord Genuity Wealth Management makes no representation or warranty, either express or implied, to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of this information. Canaccord is not liable for the content and accuracy of the opinions and information provided by external contributors. All stated opinions and estimates in this article are subject to change without notice and Canaccord Genuity Wealth Management is under no obligation to update the information.
Find this information useful? Share it with others...
Investment involves risk and you may not get back what you invest. It’s not suitable for everyone.
Investment involves risk and is not suitable for everyone.