Our investment process
Our goal is to meet your personal investment needs and achieve the best possible returns for your chosen level of risk.
Based on a global asset allocation framework, our rigorous, robust and highly analytical investment process includes in-depth research, continuous monitoring and the interaction of a number of investment committees.
Like a combination lock, each layer of our investment process must be aligned before your Wealth Manager can start to create a risk-adjusted portfolio, flexibly tailored to your individual needs.
Why trust our Canaccord Genuity Wealth Management investment process?
- We can offer you a range of different investments, including securities, equities, funds, exchange-traded funds (ETFs), investment trusts, venture capital trusts (VCTs), enterprise investment schemes (EISs), alternatives, bonds and cash
- We can structure your investments tax effectively, including SIPPs and ISAs
- Our in-house investment experts select investments from the open market to create a range of quality investment opportunities for you
- Our specialist investment committees combine their knowledge to agree the best positioning for your portfolio
- We measure risk through our in-house portfolio risk management calculator, and build portfolios from our approved lists
- We check your portfolio against your objectives to make sure it's on track, and actively manage and monitor your investments to maximise returns and minimise losses.
Keeping you informed
As wealth managers, we think about the future – whether it’s helping our clients to plan for old age or investing in companies that will still be profitable in 30 years’ time.Read more
The annual allowance is the amount you can contribute to your pension tax free. For most people, this limit has been £40,000 since April 2014. However, if you are a high earner (i.e. total income above £150,000 in a year), a new tapering rule came into effect in 2016.Read more
For many people, a pension is their largest source of income in retirement. And traditionally, when you retire, your pension fund would immediately be used to provide a secured income for your lifetime. Although there has been some flexibility around this since the mid-1990s, the ‘Pension Freedoms’ announced in 2015 allowed even more choice but also more complexity.Read more
How can we help?
If you would like to know how we can help with your investment, wealth management or financial planning needs, get in touch. We will be delighted to provide more details of our services.
IMPORTANT: Investment involves risk. The value of investments and the income from them can go down as well as up and you may not get back the amount originally invested. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance.