For clients and business colleagues - March 2020
At Canaccord Genuity Wealth Management (CGWM), the long-term wellbeing of our clients, colleagues and business contacts is our top priority. With that in mind, we continue to monitor the COVID-19 (coronavirus) situation closely and want to let you know about the additional steps we are taking to be extra vigilant.
- We have a working group of senior management who meet regularly to determine our business response to the changing situation
- We have established policies, plans and procedures, as part of our usual Business Continuity Plan (BCP), which have been tested and are being enhanced to allow for this unique situation
- We have clearly defined communication channels, including mobile WhatsApp groups, so we can quickly disseminate any emergency messages to all staff
- With a network of offices in the UK and Crown Dependencies, we can readily transfer work and facilitate social distancing, if necessary
- Key staff can work remotely with access to CGWM systems
- We have revised our policy to limit business travel for essential purposes only, subject to prior approval
- We are encouraging the use of technology and communications tools (conference calls, video conferencing, Skype etc.) to facilitate conversations with clients and key business contacts
- We are restricting access to our offices for people who have travelled to high risk locations
- We are following enhanced hygiene and cleaning best practice
- We are closely listening to industry-wide real-time knowledge sharing so we can incorporate best practice into our business continuity review and action planning; we will make work adjustments and special accommodations as necessary.
We would encourage you to get in touch with your usual CGWM contact if you have any concerns. Thank you for your support and commitment to the health and wellbeing of our community.
IMPORTANT: Investment involves risk. The value of investments and the income from them can go down as well as up and you may not get back the amount originally invested. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance.